Orange Cranberry Muffin using Coconut and Almond Flour
Cranberries have high nutrient contents and powerful natural anti-oxidants and is definitely the star in this recipe. Combined with the tangy flavor of orange juice and sweet taste of almond and coconut flour, this muffin was bursting with tons of great flavors when I had my first bite. I highly recommend this recipe and I am sure I will be making more of these in the future.
3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon orange zest
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1 cup fresh cranberries (frozen or dried work) lightly chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 350 deg F. Insert muffin liners on your baking pan.
2. Mix the dry ingredients first and blend well.
3. Add the wet ingredients and mix everything together.
4. Add the cranberries and distribute evenly on the batter.
5. Sit the batter sit for 5 minutes to give the coconut flour time to absorb the liquids.
6. Pour about 3/4 full of the batter on each muffin liner.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
This recipe yields 7-8 muffins. Full credit goes to ComfyBelly for the recipe.